Jesus said, "I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly." John 10:10

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Garden Gifts

You were in Eden, the garden of God; every precious stone was your covering, sardius, topaz, and diamond, beryl, onyx, and jasper, sapphire, emerald, and carbuncle; and crafted in gold were your settings and your engravings. On the day that you were created they were prepared. Ezekiel 28:13 ESV


I LOVE TO GARDEN, and outside of spending time with family and friends there are few places I'd rather be. Put friends and family IN the garden and I am a happy girl!!
Since I was very young, and spending time with my Grandmother, I've received an unusual sense of peace and joy while working with flowers and plants that I could not explain. Until few years ago, when I was traveling alone and listening to a  gardening talk show on the car radio. Shortly into the show a listener called and in a shameful tone explained to the host the guilt she felt over the spiritual connection she experienced when spending time in her yard. The Host's firm response shocked me, but gave me insight into my own heart. "Why are so many people surprised at the joy and comfort they feel while in the garden???" He said. "The Garden is the first gift God gave to man!!!!!"
That explained it! The Garden is a "God Thing" It is A God Thing that from the very beginning, is full of rare and precious gems being placed in a perfectly crafted setting. On the day that you were created, they were prepared!!

There is a connection between fellow gardeners and plant lovers, and the friendships found and strengthened through the mutual love of flowers and gardens is a perfect example of these gems and how once again our Father continues to bless us in such unique and special ways.

He loves us so much, he gives us flowers everyday! Wow! What a Gift!


Love,
Catherine

2 comments:

  1. Fearless Faith Now has its own FB page!! If you would like to receive the blog posts just hit like on the page. Thank you! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Catherine!! How true my friend, how true! I love your writings!

    ReplyDelete