Jesus said, "I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly." John 10:10

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

O.K. I'll Rejoice, but I'm Not Happy about it!

Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. - 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 ESV

There is a women's conference this weekend in Concord, NC, and I WANT TO BE THERE!!!!! Did you hear me God? I WANT TO BE THERE!
For three years now I have watched the "She Speaks" conference information as it has unfolded, rolling out wonderful schedules, speakers and workshops. I have dreamed, and hoped, and prayed every year that this would be the year I would be able to attend. But here I am, again, year three, on the day where 100s of attendees are heading North, South, East (and maybe in a few cases West), with proposals in hand and enthusiasm in their heart to partake in this adventure. I am not going to lie to you. It is hard for me to rejoice that I am not going, and God knows better than anyone that I am not happy about it!!
 But..... this is the awesome part! For many of my 53 years I have forced what I wanted him to want for me. Pushing doors open and making it happen is how I handled MY will to be His will for me. And though his mercy and grace has used my spoiled brat mentality and actions as a teaching and training tool, I am far more interested in doing it HIS way, and in HIS timing.
So for that reason my friends, (those going to the SS conference AND those not going) I will Rejoice always, and pray without ceasing, that His will ALWAYS overrides my stubbornness, and give thanks in all circumstances that ultimately, in every case, I want HIS will.

With Love and prayers for all of you!!

Catherine

1 comment:

  1. God knows what we do in the secret place. Your prayers -- on behalf of the women who are going -- they will make a difference you can't know till you get to heaven.

    Keep praying! I pray that one day it will be your year to go. :)

    ReplyDelete