Jesus said, "I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly." John 10:10

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Power of Laughter.

Sarah said, "God has brought me laughter, and everyone who hears about this will laugh with me."
                                                                                                                      Genesis 21:6 NIV

I have recently returned from a 4/5 day long business related trip full of meetings, presentations, zone changes, record high temperatures, rescheduled and rerouted flights. I learned a lot while at the conference, and what I learned I believe will make me better at what I do, and no doubt better for those I do it for. But the knowledge I acquired while there was not what I will remember most about the trip. It is the laughter shared with the two colleagues/friends I traveled with that I will carry with me for many years to come. And even though most of what we laughed about was at my expense, (sitting in the wrong plane seat, buying a magazine written in Spanish and not realizing it, breaking out in my old high school dance routine while at Popeye's Chicken thinking no other customers were in there,) I thank and praise God for the gift and the power that comes with it. Laughter breaks down walls, heals hurt, eliminates fear (and in our case), over rides fatigue. I have often said I could get through anything as long as I could laugh. Accepting this life enhancing gift daily has the power to really make a difference!

My prayer today is that together, we all laugh more often. The results will be wonderful life-living moments full of Joy and Love!

Love AND LAUGHTER,
Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment