Jesus said, "I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly." John 10:10

Monday, July 4, 2011

Evergreen and FREE!

Keep your life free from the love of money, and be content with what you have,
for he has said, I will never leave you or forsake you.
                                                                             Hebrews 13:5

When speaking and demonstrating for Fearless Entertaining, we emphasize the concept that within your home, within your yard and within you, is everything you need to begin welcoming and entertaining family and friends. But I personally had gotten off track. Staying too busy, not putting away, appreciating or knowing what I had, resulted in increased disorganization, confusion and frustration. So recently I committed to getting back to "practicing what I preached" at home, and my life.
A few days ago while working in the yard, I noticed an area that badly needed a few evergreen plants. My mind first went to cleaning up, grabbing my purse, getting into the car and visiting numerous garden centers to hunt down and purchase plants that would fulfill my need and take care of the problem.
I then stopped, and thought about the plants that were already on the property. Because many of them had multiplied, they could easily be split, moved and take care of the problem.
How simple! Plants, right there, already within the property, already proven, already beautiful, evergreen and FREE! Not only did this make the task easier, but it created a joyous and uplifting surprise greater than my plan would have ever produced!

Somehow, we have allowed ourselves to be programed into thinking that we can't possibly already have what we need to become happy and fulfilled, and that it must come from someone or somewhere else.
But the truth is, if we take the time to first enjoy and be grateful for what we already have in and from our loving Father it will forever be green and free!

Love,
Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment