Jesus said, "I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly." John 10:10

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

AMAZING Grace Indeed!!!

For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,
                                                                                                                                 Ephesians 2:8


I have to admit, that for sometime I have had trouble understanding what being given grace really meant. I knew it was a gift, but how could I receive grace if I didn't understand what it was?
I began praying and researching  for a clear example or understanding of this wonderful gift.
One of the American Heritage Dictionary's definitions of  Grace is, A favor rendered by one who need not to do so. another is, Divine love and protection  bestowed freely on mankind. Both of these definitions helped, but what really hit home was coming across a verse I have know for many years but now see in a different light. Romans 8:28 For those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. WOW! a Father that can not only forget and forgive ALL of my mistakes and shortcomings but then turns them into something good!!!!!!!!
O how I get it now, and living in awe of how much he loves me.
That is nothing short of AMAZING GRACE! No Doubt!!!!!

Love ,
Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment