Jesus said, "I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly." John 10:10

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Out Chasing Rainbows, while Sitting on a Pile of Gold.


Jeremiah 29:11

New International Version (NIV)
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.


I have spent the morning in deep and quiet thought, just before, I once again, hit the road running. 
....What is it that we are reaching for that keeps us constantly on the go and frazzled?
As I look around me, right here where I sit, I am moved by how blessed I am. Blessed right here, surrounded by all my answered prayers that I very often neglect, overlook and allow to overwhelm and frustrate me.
.....How crazy. How UNGRATEFUL!!!! How Damaging....
 AND.......How unnecessary!!
Our Father's plan is Always much better than ours. Perhaps it's time to take a deep breath, regroup, and enjoy all we have now, right where we are TODAY, surrounded by all the answered prayers we received from the few times we allowed Him to be in charge.


Love, 
Catherine

3 comments:

  1. Well said, Catherine! I too struggle in this area but He is ever so faithful and continues to work on my heart. Blessings!

    socialworkconfession.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice post thanks for sharing... loves soraya

    ReplyDelete